Original Presentation Date: February 27, 2018
Most retail and dining establishments understand that physical spaces need to conform to specific design requirements for accessibility under the ADA, but in recent years the scope of this law is being interpreted more broadly to include websites and mobile apps. An increasing number of retailers and dining establishments, both online and brick and mortar, are facing lawsuits relating to the accessibility of their digital assets.
This webinar covers:
- Current ADA requirements for retail and dining establishments and expected changes
- Recent lawsuits and settlements
- Costs of retrofitting vs. building in accessibility from the start and phasing in with website and mobile app updates
- A recommended three-phase approach to mitigating legal risk, enhancing your users’ experience, and monitoring ongoing compliance
- A look at just how much potential revenue is lost due to an inaccessible website